Total Pageviews

31 Aug 2008

Jack Rabbit In London (and IV)

I returned to the EJAF in 1997 but they changed their headquarter. That was not so long so, I went. I called and they opened the door. I meet a guy called Michael (can't remember the name). He was so gentle with me and asked me where I was from. He gave me a book, a signed picture of Elton, three cds (he had then "The Big Picture", not released when I was there, but told me he couldn't give it to me for obviously reasons), a subscription to the East End Lights Fanzine and when I asked him about Elton, he showed me Elton's office at the foundation: unbelievable!!! He had one jacket there, gold discs on the walls, paintings, ... wowww!!! A pity he wasn't there, he was in America. Me and Michael lost contact after two or three letters days on. Actually, I don't know if he still is in the Foundation working. I returned again in 2004, again in a new headquarter (see picture), and nobody could give any reference to Michael.

Rocket Pictures was the same headquarter than the Foundation, but there was a recepcion. It wasn't the same, because the recepcionist didn't let me to be there, unlike the other times.

Last station was Woodside. I went to Windsor, I did a picture as if I was Elton on the cover of "A Single Man" album, and I took the bus: west on Castle Hill toward Market St., then on the left on High Street, Kings Road, bear A308/Albert Rd until Straight Road. Half an hour until I arrived at destination, as the bus driver said to me: Bells Of Ouzeley Pub and then on foot.
But between here and Woodside should be about another half an hour walking and it was mid afternoon. I wasn't sure the bus driver said the best option for me. So I was a bit disappointed. On the left there was a park, with boats, and people strolling around. I met a gentle person, one man called John who gave me the correct direction to go to Woodside. My surprise was when he offered me to drive by car. I inmediatily said "yes". So, we went. We turned right at B3021/St Luke's Rd, continue toward St. Luke's Rd and, finally, Crimp Hill Road, and Woodside.

It was incredible. I had seen so many pictures of eltonites like me, and their pictures in front of Elton's house, and finally I had mine. John told me he met Elton one time and he remembered when Elton was in town walking and people didn't recognize him because he didn't wear glasses. I wanted to pay the trip to him but he didn't accept it, because he thought he spent great time chatting with me. Whenever you are now, John, God bless you!!!

No comments: