Total Pageviews

23 Dec 2007

The Eltonite Day: Today... Always EJ

Hi Always EJ. Nice to “meet” you. I was specially interested in interview you because you are a die hard fan of Elton since the 70s, you have followed him in too many concerts, in the front row, of course, and you lived his golden age era. I am sure you keep in mind great experiences.

So... Could you tell us, please, who are you and where are you from?

I am Lucy and I live in Michigan in the USA.

Right. When you became an Eltonite? Remember the first time you heard Elton’s music and what moves you to buy his music?


I was 11 years old back in 1974......... I remember when I first heard Elton when my cousins would play his records. I just loved his voice and his songs very much from the beginning.

Great. What was it like seeing Elton for the first time and how many concerts have you been? And also, could you tell us if you ever have been in touch with him? Have ever exchanged words with him?

I was 13 years old when I saw Elton in concert for the first time in 1976. I remember my mom took me to see him because I begged her and I was so excited!!! I have seen him 51 times so far since then. I have shook his hands many times, exchanged a few words here and there from the stage and outside of a concert venue. I remember one time he asked me if I had a pen....... I froze!! But my biggest moment was when he kissed me after I gave him flowers from the stage!! He thanked me and I said "thank you"!!

Wow!! Which is your Elton’s item that you really appreciate, for being hard to get or for the happiness you’ve got to have it?
Oh this one is hard, I have so many special items that I have acquired. I guess though the autographs from Elton to me personally are the most special to me. I also love my captain Fantastic Pinball machine!! LOL!

Nice! Elton had his golden age era in the 70s, specially in your country, the U.S. Sometime, John Lennon told him: “if you die someday, I will throw my radio out the window”. It was that really? And how was the impact of his bisexual confession in 1976?

I really think so..............Elton is so special. Well I remember for me that confession did not bother me at all, I remember I said oh that means he has more to choose from.

Finally, could you tell me your five favourite Elton’s songs in running order, for my AllSongsList?

Alright this is it:
Elderberry Wine
Crazy Water
Chloe
One Horse Town
Grow Some Funk Of Your Own

Thank you. Would you want to add some observation or suggestion, or something you want to say to other eltonites?

Well, we all are different in our likes and dislikes concerning Elton. I am glad that we are so diverse like Elton. Elton has some of the most wonderful fans.

Oh... and your kids? Are still eltonites or has other teen idols now? How do you manage to get them to Elton’s music?

My older kids love Elton and have seen Elton with me. My daughter has seen him in the front row with me and loves Elton very much, her fave album is Rock Of The Westies. The younger ones... well their fave song is One Horse Town, but have other musical tastes and really do not care about Elton. All of them however, have no choice but to know about Elton in my house. I think they feel he is part of the family!!

Thank you Lucy, really a pleasure to chat with you. Take care.

Thank you!! This was so fun to do!! I appreciate you talking to me!!! Elton Rulz!!

You're welcome!! I love your website
www.myspace.com/alwaysej

No comments: