Total Pageviews

Goodbye: The Birds Can Nest Again

Eltonites: this is the last season of AllSongsList of all time. I do love Elton John, more than ever. He gave and gives me everything. It's not very original to say his music is the soundtrack of my life, but it is. I discovered him by chance on a radio station magazine in 1984, and ever since I have been a devoted fan. Not criticism to him, always trying to understand the artist, the person at last. Although I've never met him, and won't do, he seems being a part of my family. Everyone around me knows he's my passion.

30 years about recollecting dates, set lists, songs, charts, etc, i'ts a long time. There's an extensive list, an endless list with everything, that I will have to stop. I thought about making a self-press book, just to send Elton, with everyhting, as an agreement for much he has doing for me. I know that Adrian Collee has everything maybe I have, but I didn't have the facilities as they had for sure. I ever wanted to be Adrian Collee for all of this, hehe, but I am not. Other times, I thought about leaving everything on a box because maybe is no interested in those estatistics. I will make a question about what to do. What I have it clear is that I want not to have any profit in there, because so much eltonites, so much related artiststo Elton, related people, were collaborating in the site without any proft, just sharing their time, and having fun with me (and me with him, of course). So it will not be serious doing something for money. I don't have the need, I don't want to do that.

I began the blogsite years ago, and I recognize the first years I was more involved than now, with more time, less personal responsabilities. The blogsite allows me to meet very good people, very good friends. Most of you, eltonites, I had the chance to meet in person; others I will.

I want to thank everyone, one by one, for sharing your time with me and my alter ego, Jack rabbit. We will finish the 30 lists of eltonites, who with their kindness, make an effort to make an impossible list in running order. For me, it doesn`t matter if one is more critic or less critic with Elton, I am sure everyone of us loves him, so there's no need to fight. So everyone have their part in the blogsite, and I am not in any part. Just I am an eltonite. So, we will finish that before it all stops forever.

I would like to thank everyone as I said, specially to the expertises in the different comittees of expertises we had, and also to the greatest fifth of a kind: Rosenthal, Turano, Bernardin, Matlock, Sigler. You were and still are my mirror.

And thanks Jack Rabbit. Or Miquel myself. I still don't know. Enjoy the last series and thanks always for your support.

6 Nov 2007

The Story Behind "Tiny Dancer"



"Tiny Dancer" was Bernie's love song to Maxine, "The ballerina", his wife. They married in 1971 and Elton was the best man.

But the song don't tell only his love for Maxine but her work with the band being "the seamstress",and enjoyed them like any other audience member "she sings the songs, the word she knows, the tune she hums".

For Elton, "Tiny dancer" became his first signifricant use of the falsetto voice, very popular in him.

Though being a minor hit, partly because of its six minute running time, the concert has become a concert standard.

The song became very popular in 2000, because Cameron Crowe added a beatiful scene with the song in his succesful "Almost Famous" film.



The song were covered by many artists like Lani Hall (1972), Benny and the jets (1975), Boko Suzuki (1998), Brian Withycombe (1998), Red Hot Chili Peppers (1998), David Osborne (2001), Ben Folds (2002), Ryan Adams (2002), Tim Mc Graw (2002), Bill Lefler (2003), Erin Alden (2003), Norah Jones (2003), Sharleen Spiteri (2003), Smokey Robinson (2005), Elton John & James Blunt (2007), and Howard Jones (2007).

Tiny Dancer's Lyrics:
Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Bernie Taupin

"Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad

Piano man he makes his stand
In the auditorium
Looking on she sings the songs
The words she knows, the tune she hums

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can't hear me
When I say softly, slowly

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand"

No comments: