Total Pageviews

9 Jan 2009

Elton John Tourin' South Africa: The Statistics

Elton John has done 9 concerts live in South Africa while on Tour.

He has been in Sin City(4 times), Cape Town and Johannesburg (2) and finally 1 time in Durban.

Elton's favourite place is The Superbowl, Sin City (4) with Coca Cola Dome, Johannesburg (2) and ABSA Stadium, Durban; t.b.a, Cape Town; Vergelegen State (1).

First time he played in South Africa was on December 1993, in Sun City, on The "Under African Skies Tour" (4 shows). Then it was "Rocket Man Tour" (4) and finally an special show for the 7th Annual White Tie And Tiara Ball.

It's funny, but all the set lists in South Africa had 25 songs, not the special White Tiara Show.

He has played 46 different songs in South Africa while on Tour.

The songs most played are Candle in the wind, Daniel, Don't let the sun go down on me, Sacrifice, Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Take me to the pilot and Your song (with 9 times).

Then it comes: Bennie and the jets (8), Funeral for a friend (8), Levon (8), Circle of life (5), Honky cat (5), I guess that's why they call it the blues (5), I'm still standing (5), Philadelphia freedom (5), Rocket man (5), Someone saved my life tonight (5), The greatest discovery (5), The one (5), Tiny dancer (5), Tonight (5).

Follows with 4 times: Believe, Better off dead, Crocodile rock, Goodbye yellow brick road, I don't wanna go on with you like that, I need you to turn to, I think I'm going to kill myself, Love lies bleeding, Madman across the water, Mona lisas and mad hatters, Pinball wizard, Sad songs say so much, Saturday night's alright for fighting), Sixty years on, Skyline Pigeon, Talking old soldiers, The bitch is back, The last song, The north and Where to now St. Peter?

And the rest: Ballad of the boy in the red shoes, Border song, Carla Etude, My elusive drug and Turn the lights out when you leave.

No comments: